Gateway laptop says "no operating system." Bios p

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
SilentObserver01
New visitors - please read the rules.

I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM! Well...kinda. You see I use my laptop every single day. I'm kinda a shut in. After a few months, I regularly shut down my laptop using the Start menu shut down button, go do some stuff, and when I come back it asks wether I should open Windows Restore/Repair or continue on with the computer. If I choose go on, it starts for a while, then flashes to a black screen, and restarts all over again as though in a loop. If I choose Repair, I can't get the thing repaired because I can't restore the computer to a past time apparently and I can't use a system image. I have Windows 7 BTW. The reason this seems to be related is because when it says "Select and Operating system"...the space is completely blank. There's nothing there. I would bring the system in to be repaired but the closest place is too far out of the way cause it's too far to walk to...I don't have a car or a friend with a car...there is no busses that bring me even remotely close to it...and it's always packed full of customers. Like a friggin' can of sardines. So I'm resolving to fix it myself for a change but I don't know what to do. BTW...my sister has the exact same laptop as me and it works.