gericom ego no boot from usb :(

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
tccat1
New visitors - please read the rules.

hello all nice forum here im wondering if anyone can help me out i wanted to run linux off a flash usb stick .but ive found out that i dont have the option to boot from usb in the bios menu :( is this possible? the laptop is a gericom ego ms1003 the bios is
AMIBIOS
version a10031g7 v5.40
build date 06/28/04
ec version 03/03

many many thx
cp
BIOS Guru

is there an option 'try other boot devices'?
if so, activate it and give it a go.
tccat1

thx for the reply no theres not that option in there its very limited when i go to the boot option thers only my cd rom and hard drive and disable option and nothing else would this just be hidden in the bios?when i hit f11 at start up it just shows the same cdrom and harddrive iknow that the laptop is a rebadged msi ms1003 laptop but no sure if that would have the optin dont really want to try the msi bios as would voild my warrenty is there any tools out there to change my bios ? sorry im a complete newbie :(
cp
BIOS Guru

did you already try to flash the latest bios? should be v5.50. correct me if i'm wrong.

http://download.gericom.com/NOTEBOOK/EG ... 1003/BIOS/
tccat1

just going to do that now mate just trying how to figure out how to burn with nero onto cd as i have no floppy drive
tccat1

tccat1 wrote:just going to do that now mate just trying how to figure out how to burn with nero onto cd as i have no floppy drive
ive made the boot cd just didnt know that i had to extract the files 1st :( thats all sorted now upadated the bios and yes its gone to that one that you said but still have no option to boot from usb :( the options seem very limited so what do i do now? ive just got amibcp8 it opens up my rom file but dont know what to do now or what to change :(
tccat1

so is there anyone that can add the usb option to my bios is it v ebios the programe that can change the bios many many thx