Have I fu**ed up this laptop or is it normal?

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
zanor
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi!

I bought a HP Pavilion ZE5525EA with a bad BIOS flash. It was charging and light came on when pushing the power button. I tok it apart and de-soldered the bios chip (actually cutted the legs and then de-soldered the remining legs). I have ordered a new chip. But now, without any BIOS chip there is no response from the system. No charging, nothing!

Is this normal? :roll:
zanor

Is there no one that have tried using there laptop without the BIOS chip? hmm... :roll:
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

That is normal, you need to put in a new flashed bios chip or it's not going to work in the first place and you need to pray you didn't heat damage anything when desoldering the old chip.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
zanor

edwin wrote:That is normal, you need to put in a new flashed bios chip or it's not going to work in the first place and you need to pray you didn't heat damage anything when desoldering the old chip.
Sounds nice. I know the computer don't work without a bios but I was supprised that it did not charge the battery or anything.

Have soldered in a socket now, almost finished making EZO Flash+ just waiting for some of the chip's for it to arrive.
I hope I get this baby running :)

I'l let you know how it went...