HELP!! Acer Aspire 5315 Cant Find Harddrive

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
chrisdark121
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hey guys

Im new to all this. Have a problme im hoping someone can give me some help with. I have a Acer Aspire 5315 laptop and i wanted to put XP onto it. I got all the drivers and information to do this probably from;

http://soulpass.com/2007/11/10/installi ... 53-laptop/

It all went fine and xp was formatted fine and i put everything onto it that needed to be on there and like i say worked perfectly. The next day when i turned it on i had a error saying "No Boot Device Found" Also while all this was happening the harddrive was making beeping noises and was making a sort of sound that to me sounded like it was trying to work but not having none of it lol anyways i went into the bois and even in the bios it said no harddrive was installed. I tried taking out the HDD and putting it back in but still no difference. Has putting on xp done this or is the harddrive nakered? Im really clueless at this point what to do so if any help would be much appreciated.

Chris
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

There's always the chance that the extra strain and exercise from the windows XP install has killed this drive which must have been dying anyway...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
chrisdark121
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thankyou for responding. If indeed this is the case would a replacement harddrive work?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

yes a replacement drive should work. The article you pointed at essentially puts the harddisk in the same raw condition before installing.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...