HELP! Acer Aspire 5920 BIOS Video Memory problem!

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
MrWhitman
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello all, I just bought a new Acer Aspire 5920 (not 5920G) and I want to play Medieval 2:Total War. The problem is when I go to increase my Video Memory in BIOS the video memory is set at [8mb] and I can't select it! I talked to Acer and they tried on one of their 5920s and it did indeed give them the option to select from 8mb-16mb-64mb-128mb-256mb-MAX. But when I go to try the option is greyed out, like I can change it but It won't allow me. (usual options you can change are black).

I have plenty of ram (3000+) and my video card is sufficient (X3100)@up to 358mb!
-=Ownzer=-
New visitors - please read the rules.

I had the same issue with the video for Unreal Tourney 3 it was choppy. I called acer as you did and I believe the reason you got a different result then your tech did is due to the graphics cards. some of the systems were built with nvidia which can be changed to 256 mb in the bios. Our systems have the intel graphics x3000, on intels site there is a pdf that describes what the acer tech and I confirmed that the intel smart technology automatically adjusts its video to the application your running. if you go to the intel properties in the bottom of your task bar and run an app then refresh the info it will change the display settings. I have heard that some drivers force better graphics but I would do it at your own risk! here is the link to the pdf if you want to read over it! hope this helps!
http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/ ... ma3000.pdf

Good luck!