HELP!!! Fujitsu u1010 wifi card cannot be found

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
jxsparrow
New visitors - please read the rules.

hi all,

i am new to this forum and hardware stuff. pls help

I have a fujitus u1010 with 2 mini pci express alot, one is for wifi and and the other is for 3.5G. I want to replace the 3.5G card with gps card, but winXP cannot detect this card exists. when i swap between wifi and the 3.5G card. the system cannot detect also. it seems the 2 slot is predefined one is for wifi card and the other is for 3.5G. Is there anyone can help me remove the restriction?
why is there such restriction in Fujitsu but i cannot search anything from google. Crying for help...
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Because they want to sell you restricted stuff in their laptops. Contact Fujitsu tech support with your issue. Maybe the bios can be hacked but that will be at your own risk and we cannot guarantee it will work either...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
mbjorkvall

Hi there!

We have playing around trying to use the 3G slot for other cards and it seems that slot is not actually a mini PCIe slot but rather a USB interface with Mini PCIe connection. You need to make sure that your new GPS card works the same way as the intended 3G.

I havent looked for GPS cards but I will give you an example of a wifi card doing this:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Com ... -WI05GS-RH

The key here is "Interface Type USB interface by mini-card platform"

Of course after this you could face the old BIOS blocking problem as well but thats more likely to happen for RF transmitter cards like 3G and Wifi.

Let me know how you did!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

thank you for the information
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
jxsparrow

hi mbjorkvall,

thank very much for your info.

I have verified with the card you mentioned. it is working in the fujitsu u1010 as you said, it is usb host interface.

so if there is any mini-pcie card with a usb host interface, it can replace the original 3G card.

if you google, you can find that mini-pcie can be hosted in usb or pci interface. but we know mini-pcie the most is from wifi card which use pci interface.

again, thanks for help