Help needed for Advent 6552 model no: F71IL1 - BIOS update

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
czorny
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi.

Im looking for any help with BIOS for my Advent 6552 model no: F71IL1. I know that motherboard is ECS/Uniwil (I found that info here) but on their website I can`t see any upadates for that laptop. I can use my ISP FLash programmer to reprograming BIOS but at least I need the bios file *.bin. I know as well there is motherboard platform F50IXX REV: C PCB P/N: 37GF50000-C0 and also this same motherboard is on Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO PI3225. I suppouse the BIOS should be this same. Appreciate for any kind of help.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Between the original and the version for an OEM like Advent or Fujitsu there can be enough difference to effectively brick your laptop if you flash it with the Uniwill bios. I will try and check for any success reports first.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
czorny

First of all sorry for my English if I make any mistakes.
On my first post I didn`t said very clear what I mean. Im working as a technician for repairing laptops and I`ve got on one day this Advent laptop which has broken USB socket. When I replaced broken USB and removed RTC battery laptop start working but he ask me for a password. I spoked with my client and he said he never made any passwords just windows password which I tried as well without success. I can reprogramming isp chipset with new bios but I couldn`t find it anywhere, also I was waching one auction on E**y but unfortunatelly auction disappeared. So I get stuck with repaired laptop with password. Of course I have proof of purchase from my client so this is his own laptop. I was searching online for good few hours but nowhere any sings of BIOS for this model. Ty
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

ake the laptop back to the client, let the client take the laptop to the Advent service center and handle it from there.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
czorny

edwin wrote:ake the laptop back to the client, let the client take the laptop to the Advent service center and handle it from there.
There is no Advent service center here only PC World (where laptop was bought) and they are not servicing anything anymore. Now they are "know how" and everything is going to the independent lapotp service over UK. They will charged him fortune with or without success. Any way thanx for help we resolved that issue by other way.