Help needed: Laptop doesn't boot

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
segmus
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi every body,
I posted this in Notebook bios problems because I think it's a bios issue. I had a problem with the adapter's jack, the laptop went OFF frequently when I touched on the adapte's plug. So I decided to disassemble the laptop (Compaq zv5000, P4, XP) in order to fix the broken jack. This is what I did. Then I put back all the parts in place, but it didn't boot up anymore. When I push power button, it seems to start up. The fans make noise, the power light comes ON, the HD light also goes ON but for a short time. suspecting a hardware issue, I tried to boot without memory, DC drive, and HD, but it didn't solve the problem. I thought about reseting the bios (removing the bios battery) but I have no idea where to find it.
Please help, thanks;
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Sometimes the connectors may develop problems.

Did you try to take the laptop back to pieces and reinstall everything?

Take a look if there are soldering residuals on the PCB.
segmus

I disassembled and put back every piece. It doesn't solve the problem. It is starting to piss me off. Everything seems to be all right. I checked all the connectors, and find them fine. I will now try to remove the bios battery which I suspect the most, even though I didn't want to since it's soldered to the mother board. I have no other option, hopefully it fix the thing.

Thanks Sharedoc,
elwood011

segmus, were you ever able to resolve the issue? I currently have an HP laptop experiancing a similar issue. Thanks!