Help: problem with a Palmax PD1000

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Javier_Belanche
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi!
This is my first message and I hope you help me :) and if you care ;). I would to explain a strange performance of my laptop :_(, a kindy Palmax PD1000:

I power on the laptop and everything works fine, as I enclose to you in the picture, until the moment for recognizing the hard disk: at that right moment, it appears the screen of the BIOS without I request it. I configure the BIOS, this recognizes the disc, I keep the changes and, when leaving the BIOS, it leaves a black screen during a pair second and reinitiates the system :(. And, like a nightmare, return to begin.

I would thank for any aid, suggestion or clue that will break that damn curl :)
The picture
http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=att&d ... e13ea1fb66

Thanks again,
Javier
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

The link you provided would require your GMAIL user and password... Try uploading it elsewhere... like www.imageshack.us
Javier_Belanche

ajzchips wrote:The link you provided would require your GMAIL user and password... Try uploading it elsewhere... like www.imageshack.us
:oops: Sorry!
I follow your indication and, hop!:

Javier,
from Barcelona...

PD: Gracias :) por tu consejo. Espero que puedas echarme una mano
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Javier_Belanche

Thanks! I know this sites before, but the BIOS doesnt let it run any device, like the floppy or CD-ROM :( Always starts the BIOS in every reboot and doesnt recognize anything :(
I'll make a short film to explain better the problem...

Thanks
Javier

In Spanish:
Hola y gracias por el interés... espero que no haga mucho frío en Madrid :)
Verás... el problema es poder acceder a cualquier dispositivo externo (CDROM o Floppy). No me lo permite debido a que, tal como aparece en la captura, justo en ese momento, salta la BIOS. Me he pasado horas probando mil combinaciones y siempre obtengo el mismo resultado: guardo los cambios, salgo de la BIOS, se queda la pantalla en negro y el equipo se reinicia. El disco duro funciona perfectamente: lo cambié a otro portátil de las mismas características (un Libretto Toshiba) y no hubo ningún problema.
La verdad es que quiero lograr resolver el problema y espero que con tu experiencia y ayuda -si es posible- superar el bache.
Gracias por tu atención.

Javier
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

I have a feeling your CDROM reader is messed up.
Javier_Belanche

ajzchips wrote:I have a feeling your CDROM reader is messed up.
Hi again,
but it hasn't any reader device, like CDROM or Floppy inside. The CDRom and Floppy is connected to the laptop via PCMCIA, and when I boot the laptop, doesnt recognize them :(
So, I'll film and publih one video of the problem. I suppose it's the better way to expose it :)

and thanks,
Javoer
eladeyal

The PD1000 comes with a 'port treplicator' which conencts to the rear of the PD1000 and to it you can connect a special floppy disk drive or a CDROM drive.

Do you have this disk drive or CDROM drive? Can you get access to one?

As far as I know, access to a PCMCIA floppy disk will only be possible after you boot your OS and load drivers.

By your description, it is possible your hard disk is bad. Do you hear the hard disk spinning when you turn the machine up? The PD1000 does not have a fan so if anything sounds spinning, it will be the hard disk
Javier_Belanche

eladeyal wrote:The PD1000 comes with a 'port treplicator' which conencts to the rear of the PD1000 and to it you can connect a special floppy disk drive or a CDROM drive.

Do you have this disk drive or CDROM drive? Can you get access to one?

As far as I know, access to a PCMCIA floppy disk will only be possible after you boot your OS and load drivers.

By your description, it is possible your hard disk is bad. Do you hear the hard disk spinning when you turn the machine up? The PD1000 does not have a fan so if anything sounds spinning, it will be the hard disk
Hi!
Well. I've changed the hard disk to another Libretto and runs ok. I dont hear any sound when machine boot up. I pick a film to explain better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVK4rZz3pD4

In other hand, I plugged the floppy and CDROM to the dockstation (port replicator) and nothing ... It's certainly ugly :(

Thanks,
Javier
sunbirds
BIOS Rookie

this bios original INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS state is disabled,
so you can enter into cmos to enable Primary ide channel Secondary ide channel Onboard FDC controller etc of INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS .
eladeyal

Now I see your video, althouh blurry I agree this is a nightmare

1. Does the same thing happens when the PD1000 is connected to AC power?

2. Try disabling the hdd and boot from floppy.

3. Does the BIOS remember your changes after you exit it and then returned to it?
Javier_Belanche

sunbirds wrote:this bios original INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS state is disabled,
so you can enter into cmos to enable Primary ide channel Secondary ide channel Onboard FDC controller etc of INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS .
Yes, I modified and enable all the options in NTEGRATED PERIPHERALS like you say. Nothing changes... :(

Thanks
Javier_Belanche

eladeyal wrote:Now I see your video, althouh blurry I agree this is a nightmare

1. Does the same thing happens when the PD1000 is connected to AC power?

2. Try disabling the hdd and boot from floppy.

3. Does the BIOS remember your changes after you exit it and then returned to it?
1. Yes. The same thing :(
2. Imposible. I have no way to acces to floppy. After the memory test appears the CMOS/SETUP UTILITY, like you see in the video... :(
3. Yes. The Bios remember all the changes...

Thanks,
Javier
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

I just wonder why it is detecting secondary master first. Why not primary master. Is primary master disbled in bios settings?
Javier_Belanche

Sharedoc wrote:I just wonder why it is detecting secondary master first. Why not primary master. Is primary master disbled in bios settings?
Yes, It's well my first question... Do you mean it's necessary to put any piece on the pins of the hard disk to change this?
And yes, I modified the primary master in bios settings to disabled... and nothing changes :(

Thanks,
Javier