Help! in Sony Vaio VGN-NS130E .'s AMI Bios

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Mr.Ghost
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello ,

1st any help will be appreciated ..

*) i have

sony Vaio VGN-NS130E ..

< h tt p : / / esupport. sony . com /US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNNS130E >
<Remove Spaces in url >
Model : PCG-7142L
Bios Manufacture / type : Aptio ( AMI )
Bios Version : R0200Y3 < Not Original its after i updates it using afudos.exe tools
( i extracted the rom file from An Update For my Bios on essuport.sony.com my model's page and flashed it by afudos.exe )
Download link :
< h t t p : / / esupport . sony . com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNNS130E&upd_id=5175&os_id=28 >
<Remove Spaces in url >

*) Problem :
i used to install Vista Home Premium 32bit to my VGN-NS130e ... for a 15 days ago i try to install a fresh copy but i see an error while - Expanding File - Step

The Error Code : 0x000007B
Some times error Code : 0x80070003
other times error code : 0x800700a1
the most error code i faced is [ 0x80070003 ] & [ 0x000007B ]

i Google for this error and i found that i should change Sata Mode in Bios ..
From ACHI / Raid / IDE Or some thing like that ..

The Bad News : when i press [F2] while computer start up i see that Bios Setup Page Dosn't Have any menu other than
[Main] [Security] [Boot] [Exit]
Other tab menu were hidden .

*)What i try to did ..

i try to use AmiBCP in many version .. to Edit Rom File and change [Show] Case for all tabs menu to [Yes] . .

when i use old versions of amibcp and try to open [ CTRL + O] Rom file it says that " Couldn't Open The File!"
when i use the last version [ AmiBCP 8 ] and try to open rom file it says "Rom Header Not Found "
When i use MMtool ( any version Old or last ) and try to load Rom File it says "Error Loading Rom Image(100003h)"

Note: Same error message / result when i use ami tools on BNoBTCV5 / BNoBTCV 6 2007 ..

Be in mind that i test all this on another Computer with different bios than target computer
may-b amibcp dosn't work as i don't use it on target computer [ VGN-NS130E]

i try also to download HDD Driver for my hdd and integrated the driver into windows xp pro. using nlite it have solve installations issue and i havn't got the error 0x80070003 in installations .. but when i finish installing win and got the wellcome screen before desktop loading it still loading more than normal time .. and the screen flash with BSOD [ Blue Screen of Death ] i can't read any error code or what in the blue screen .. cuz it flashed quickly and computer goes into restart again .

What i Need :
Showing hidden menu tabs specially [ Advanced ] tab cuz i need to change sata mod

can any one edit my Bios Rom File [ Using AmiBCP ] And Shows All Hidden Tabs menu For me .
Save edited rom file , Upload it .. post the link .. i appreciated his/here efforts ..

Yours Sincerely ,
Yasser
aka/s Mr.Ghost
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

memory stick gone bad or harddisk problem. use the memory test utility from the windows install disk and chkdsk.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Mr.Ghost

Hello edwin ,

Thnx for approved my topic and thnx for replay as short time than i think .. yeah you are right this issue is started with issue in partition table in C: i checked hdd with many tools .. WD tools / Seagate / Samsunge / IBM-Hitachi
although my hdd is hitachi .. i download hitachi utility from hitachi website but the tool unable to load .. when i try to load it through Dos it gives nothing ..

but i going around hdd issue till i try partition table doctor .[ last ver ] .. i think it fix the hdd issue now ..

about memory stick i tested it with utility from the windows Vista Home premium install and scan completed with 100% and no error found ..

-----------
my opinion :
i don't think hdd still have error , cuz it has accept win xp installation that i integrated My HDD Driver [ ACHI/SATA/Raid ] .

by googling for last 15 days since i face this issue .. i found that error [ 0x80070003 ] caused from conflict on sata mod config in bios setup page .. i found topic on an forums the topic writer have same my issue [ 0x80070003 ] while installing vista home premium .. but the only different is that he have brand other than sony vaio .
one of the replies on this topic advice him to change sata mod through [ Advanced ] tab in bios setup page .. cause there is confilict with [ ACHI / Raid / IDE ] ..
and the writer's issue have been solved ..
so i going with this solution but bad news that my ami - aptio bios has hidden tabs menu .. this is only difficult that i have to try this solution .

Yours Sincerely ,
Yasser
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

this laptop is meant to be used with windows vista. are you using the somy disks to restore your installation?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Mr.Ghost

edwin ,

i have lost my recovery discs .. i have quez about recovery discs .. i have ask it to sony live chat operator but he havn't enough knowledge to answered me ..

the questions is :
is recovery discs include restore bios configurations ? or it just include HDD Partitions + system [ vista home premium ] + Drivers ??

is recovery discs able to fix my issue with bios configuration ? if it's able i can order an copy for my model from sony ..
but 1st i wanna to make sure that will fix the issue i don't wanna to gives money in worthless solutions .

---------------------
about you suggestions about using original system .. the crazy matter that i used same DVD [ Vista Home Premium ] on same computer many times before without any issue but i don't know why this time pop up with error

----------------------
another test ..

as i'm web site hoster .. i have many linux distributions .. while my replay pending approve .. i got an idea to test install Linux on computer

i choice the Full Copy of CentOs 5.4 and start to install it ..
it installed successfully without any error masg .. and now i work on linux's desktop ..

Only thing happened with me when installations ..
after step where the HDD partitioned i press next to start in partitioning HDD and start copy & extracting files ..

partitioning step [ done ] before start copy & extracting it told me that there is no CD-Rom Drive .. the masg have to option
i have to choice between Abort - Retry i press retry it take a while and start copy the files and extracting it ..

my opinion is that may-b happened because Bios Configure as Sata mode work as Raid ..
my small knowledge about Raid Mod make Computer read 1st Device and 2nd Device Alternately Not Both in same time ..

so it may-be is reason that i have error on expanding step while install vista home premium ..

is iam right ?

i appreciated your help ..

Yours Sincerely ,
Yasser
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I think the recovery disk has text-mode drivers for the sata controller in ahci mode. so it will see the disk even in this mode.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Mr.Ghost

edwin ,

while i waitting your replay i spent time in try any idea or googling for solutions .. i got idea to try to install win 7 .. 1st time computer show vaio logo screen .. and restart continuously without showning press any key to ... masg .. it only show vaio logo .

i don't sure about this DVD Worked before or not .. i just installed iso file and burned it ..

i have to test another one from a friend or any one have tested and make sure about it . .

---------------------------------
lets get back to my suggestion and what i have got from googleig for 15 days ..

lets think about load this file on AmiBCP and show all hidden tabs menu ! .. is it possible ? can you or any one help me try this solution ?
My Bios .Rom File :
http://www.mediafire.com/?1rym54i8cfc1czb

Regards ,
Yasser Ali
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

if your laptop keeps crashing during the windows install you have a hardware issue...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Mr.Ghost

Hello edwin ,
Thank you for helping me through my issue , you are right .. the true issue is on my hardware exactly on HDD ..
i think it was fixed and recovered from it's old issue .. but the true is not .. it still have prob. in it's media ..
i test anew one Hitachi 250 G and it's working fine . .. install without any prob. ..

although my issue is solved .. i wanna to unhide all my bios' tabs .. !!

edit my topic to solved ,, and if you don't mind i wanna to unhide my bios' tabs options .. Can you help me on this ..

at any way i appreciated your help ..

Good Luck for all adminS and ModS on wimsbios , special Thnx to wim & edwin .

Yours Sincerely ,
Yasser Ali