How to disable on board ram! Urgently need help

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Yaz
New visitors - please read the rules.

My onboard ram is fried. I can't disable it. I read that sharedoc maybe of help. My laptop is an IBM 570e. Please help me!
Yaz

I've got a dos hex CMOS editor but I don't know which to change. Anyone can help?
Yaz

Can ANYONE, ANYONE at all be of help to me. I need my laptop done up for school super urgent. It's not the same hex key with the 600e by the way.
jc_kahar

turn on- f1 to eneter bios- config menu - ctrl+d (this step opens and hex editor) so in column B row 20, you must change the value 80 for 81, so press f2 and turn of the computer, look turn it off dont exit the bios, just turn off

thanks sharedoc i read ur posts and that gave me the base to solve this problem
Yaz

It's not an 80 or 81 there. It's a different value altogether. There's no bios editor in the CMOS also so I'm using an external editor.
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Just curios, how do you know that the on board RAM is fried?

Sorry, I don't know how to to activate the bios CMOS data hex editor in 570. External editor won't do because it does not know how to calculate CMOS checksum.
Yaz

Sorry for the lateness I was busy. I ran memtest without the extra ram. It kept showing failed. I sold it to the junk yard since it's so useless then. Replacement of the motherboard would cost the same as a new laptop.
nix

Hey guys.. i've got same problem with my toshiba settelite A60-166 laptop :!: .. anyone has any idea :?: ...
i've total of 256MB onboard RAM... but im able to run LINUX with mem=128M option... :idea: