ieee 1394 boot support for toshiba notebook

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
gunsmith
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi to all on this board,

I have a general question about firewire (ieee 1394) boot support. My notebook (Toshiba Satellite 3000-514) has an iLink (=ieee 1394=firewire) connector but even the newest bios downloaded from the Thoshiba-Homepage does not offer the "ieee 1394 boot support". I want to use it for an external hard-disk. Knowing that there is nothing else than a Phoenix-Bios in my computer, I looked up their Homepage, reading that there is a notebook option supporting this boot feature. Than I called the Toshiba-Customer-Support-Hotline and asked for that feature. I have been treated there like an as... (sorry for that expression). On my opinion there are only a few bits missing or on the wrong place in my bios. Perhaps, anyone knows what to do?

With best Regards from Germany

Andreas Nehme
soupy
Absentee administrator

Unless you can get a BIOS that supports that feature directly from the manufacturer, you're probably out of luck. You might try Unicore, but I don't know if they do laptop BIOS.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
gunsmith
New visitors - please read the rules.

Dear soupy,

thanks for Your help. I had the same idea 2 days ago and started an inquiry to UNICORE. They have answererd this morning and promised to to send a bios upgrade for my machine for 65,00€. I am on the rack for what i will get from their European distributor "www.biosupgrade.co.uk".

Coming back with the answer soon (after getting and installing the bios upgrade). Thanks again for Your help.

Andreas