Lenovo V570 weird problem... Please help!!

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Dragonrider
New visitors - please read the rules.

Greetings everyone. This is my first visit and post. Hoping one of the experts here can help me.

I've been trying for several days to get the wireless working on a Lenovo V570 Laptop. It is a new install of XP Pro with sp/3. This system originally came with Windows 7 Home. All drivers downloaded from the Lenovo site and certified for XP. Everything BUT the wireless works. Even the Wireless Wide Area Network works. After a whole lot of searching, I kept seeing things about the boot order and BIOS update having an effect on the wireless. So I gave it a shot and downloaded the latest BIOS update from the site.

IT WORKED!!! except.....

Whenever I shut the system down or restart it, it goes back to the way it was. No wireless. According to System Information, even the listed BIOS is different.
In System Information, the BIOS info is as follows:

Original: Lenovo - 1, 11/7/2011
After flash: 44CN43WW

Another strange thig is that within the BIOS itself, it lists the BIOS as 44CD43WW, which is what it was flashed with. I am very, very confused. Why would sys info report one thing after the flash, and another after a reboot. Why would it go back to wireless not working after a reboot? A quick reflash and it will work again until it is rebooted. It is a Phoenix BIOS. It is an all-in-one flash utility. Windows executable and file. I believe it is called Phoenix UEFI Winflash.

After the flash, I go into BIOS and save changes and exit. All is fine until the next restart/boot. I thought maybe the CMOS battery was bad, but the date and time do not change or revert to a default.

What the heck is going on??? Why will the BIOS not "Take?" Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I am not doing?? I have never experienced this kind of issue with flashing a BIOS. You flash it, it sticks.

Any ideas????
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I think they were too lazy to change the original manufacturer bios string to their own this time. As for the wireless,did you follow step 8?

http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/Dr ... 20V570.txt
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...