MEDION 97900 BIOS WOES.

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
DELLBOY
New visitors - please read the rules.

HI guys newbie here, hope somebody can help me with this problem.
I have a Medion MD 97900 laptop running windows xp media centre.1 gig of memory, 80 gig hard drive, intel T1300 1.66 GHZ cpu, ( wim 2100 motherboard, chipset intel 27 ao rev 3, oem bios ro1-ao1 or so medion inform me ).
Problem is it won,t let me into the bios set up :evil: According to the manual its F2 at post.This doesn,t work and only gives out a constant beeping noise and boots windows.Contacted medion support who said try Del or F10.Tried them both and they just do the same as F2.Medion have not been very usefull on this subject. :cry: There seems to be quite a lot about bios problems for this model on the internet but there all in german :roll: . I paused the post check page at boot and noticed the system Bios and video bios are both shadowed if thats any clue??
If anybody has any ideas whats wrong here i would be very gratefull :D
DELLBOY
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

time for an RMA. I have checked the other postings, I can read both Dutch and German, the outcome is sending it in for repair in 99% of the cases...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
DELLBOY
New visitors - please read the rules.

HI GUYS Dellboy here. Finally got fed up with the state of this laptop and decided to strip it down and get out all the dust and other rubbish in it. :x
Man was it full of muck. Checked out everything while it was in bits and decided to pull the cmos batterey out and give it a test and clean. Rebuilt everything and hoped it would still work. :roll: Pushed the power button and it did the post and stopped to tell me the time and date were wrong and offered to let me into the bios to change them!! :o :lol:
Everything now works including f2 to enter bios. Updated all the drivers which has improved the speed of the computer, now thinking of a bios upgrade :roll: :? Cheers guys.