Mitac 8207d Bios flash problems

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
spudhed
New visitors - please read the rules.

i have been having a look at my mates laptop as its been overheating severely, ive cleared out the fans replaced the thermal compund and eliminated it being a hardware issue so i can only assume its down to the bios (acpi) when i try to use a temp monitor it only shows the temp it was at boot and wont change (ie if its cold at boot it will show 22c, even if its running at full load and burning my legs) ive also tried under linux incase it was a problem with windows acpi drivers but i cant even get a reading at all through linux.

now on to the heart of the problem, ive managed to find the bios updates, but they come with no instructions at all and no mention of it on the site at all besides the download itself. the bios pack has a flash util with it, however it seems to cover every aspect of the laptop (flashing of vga bios etc) ontop of that its a dos based flasher, which isnt much use on a system that has no floppy drive (id rather not risk a dos flasher under windows) does anyone know how to flash the bios on this thing safely? any help appreciated
SqueakyPC
BIOS Newbie

Spudhead: Perhaps one of these applications will give you a better idea of what temperature the machine is reaching.
http://cpu.rightmark.org/download.shtml
Download. CPU Rightmark
Or try this
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... eter.shtml
Download MobileMeter 0.3.1.0 - MobileMeter is a system monitoring utility designed for laptop PCs running under the Windows environment - Softpedia

I am sorry i do not know enough about flashing the Mitac to be of any real help to you, but one of these apps may help you determine if it is hardware related. Good Luck!
micksmith1968
New visitors - please read the rules.

ha yes ive had the same problem with mitac 8207,symtoms include shutdown when ac adapter inserted,wont run for more than a couple of min sd with ac adapter,charges fine and runs off battery power.had me stumped for a while this one ,tried cmos battery (which is under the track pad???),cpu paste ,ram ,finally pinned it down to tyhe power board which is seperate,the cable linking it to the manboard had wotked slightly loose causing a short,pushed the little feller back in and works fine now,this does require a complete base dissasemble but this laptop is pretty basic construction ,comes apart really easy,old post i know but could help someone with the same prob