multiboot various bios systems

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
dweidman
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello all,
I am making a multiboot cd with various manufacturers and their bios updates for use at my place of work, however we have some IBM thinkpad lenovo r61 laptops and the latest bios release from IBM is a windows based update. The bios update files are in .FL1 format. I cannot get the CD emulator to run that type of file, so basically can a .FL1 bios file type be converterd to a .img or .bin ?
I am using magic iso to make the CD.

Thanks for any ideas.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Only a windows-based update?
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloa ... MIGR-67989

30 seconds of Google...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
dweidman
New visitors - please read the rules.

THanks edwin,
I guess i should not have said windows based.
They (Lenovo) provide a bootable iso, but when I extract the files they are still in the .FL1/.FL2 file types.
You must run the included FLASH2.exe to run update and cannot get executable to run with multiboot from magic iso.
basically still wondering if .fl* files can be converted to .bin
I was not able to access the link you provided, site was temorarily unavailable, so I will check later to see what you found.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Ok, then it means we need to find out what OS exactly magiciso is providing you with as the bootable part of this ISO is running plain old IBM DOS 16-bit. Anything newer should work just fine. Thoroughly confused. I can reach the page just fine so seems there's something wrong with your ISP/proxy. If you want I can email the file itself.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...