Need 2530P BIOS eeprom content

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
abc-cpu
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,
I need full content of BIOS eeprom for HP ElliteBook 2530P. Flash upgreade procedure was fail and now I need to program on SPI programmer.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... ob-84071-1

download the sp49009.exe and unpack with 7zip. In the Rompaq folder there's the 68psu.bin you need.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
abc-cpu

Thank you for an answer. Flash file have 1,68 MB which means flash chip should have 13,44 Mb - wrong capacity. I do not have opened notebook yet but have read about different flash write procedure in those models. Some of eeprom area is reserved for passwords, security things etc. BIOS flash procedure write in selected areas. That is why I need full backup. Tomorrow I will receive notebook and will post flash chip model and other details.
abc-cpu

I have ATMEL 26DF321 chip - 32 Mb. Reprogramming it by part of content will brick motherboard.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

rent/borrow a working one and get the binary file from the chip. I cannot see of any other way as nobody in the forum seems to have one. You did contact HP about your problem?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Joe
Chip off the ol' block

The missing data that you're looking for is more than likely still in tact on the BIOS chip.

Read the chip and save it. OPen the new file from HP and search for the start of that data on the chip. Then overwrite the content where the downloaded data starts in the overall file (that you saved from the chip).

It's unlikely that this "missing data" area was over-written in the original BIOS on the chip. You're biggest problem will be that if your programming equipment will program that chip properly.
Joe K
AQSTECH.com
Embedded / Surface Mount BIOS Repair Services
http://www.aqstech.com
Notebook / Laptop BIOS Repair
abc-cpu

I have contacted HP and they can remove password for notebooks made after April 2010. Mine was from December 2009 and they told me there is only motherboard swap option. I have found programmed chip on eBay for 30USD but 50 costs here working mobo with unlocked BIOS. I will try to read it by programmer first.