i need help with my bios

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
kidprim
New visitors - please read the rules.

so i just got this used computer off ebay. IBM T40. It came with no operating system. So I installed WinXP Pro. Then I got all the drivers off the IBM site and started installing them off of a usb hard drive. I get to the bios flash update and I open it. It runs the program, it restarts running only this app. I choose: Update system program. It asks for my model number (2373-72U) which was already in the box. I click ok. It runs then my computer shuts off. I assume its done so I start up. Nothing happens. I can hear the drive spinning, but a black screen. I tried plugging into an external monitor and putting in the XP disk and starting up.

I knew nothing of BIOS before this and now I am trying to figure out if there is someway to fix this by reflashing the BIOS. Otherwise do I have to send my chip to someone to get it reflashed or get a new chip???

I am confused!
Last edited by kidprim on Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kidprim
New visitors - please read the rules.

and i just realized that i used the Diskette installer as apposed to the non-diskette installer which probably explains something. maybe it's looking for the disk!
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

If there is no life in the bios (no texts in the display) then your bios flash has gone bad.

Hard disk starts when mainboard is powered so it does not mean processor is running.

Propably is is time to go to Ebay again for a new mainboard...