Need to know what motherboard is running

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
alaguard
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am currently working on a friends Notebook a Hp nc6320. I was wondering upon stumbling into this site if anyone here knows of this laptop and what set of bios is runs and the manufacturer of the motherboard. You see this kid got ahold of something (a virus perhaps) that actually managed to mess his bios up and they need flashed pretty bad. So if anyone out there has any information that could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for the time,

Alaguard
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
alaguard

That kind of helps point me in a new direction. Unfortunately there is no windows on this Notebook anymore and it refuses to find the hard drive (which works as that has been tested) so I can't install an OS to the notebook.

I have updated all the manufatacturer bios updates to the machine already, it is running the current (except the one you just mentioned which I am gonna try with my USB boot drive) but there is a wierd gray screen I get between pages of text that has two wierd lines in the middle of the screen that has smiley faces :lol: , little flashing suns (or power icons), the suymbol for being male and is in blue, black, and red lines on a completely gray screen. Right now the harddrive is formatted and completely blank so I was looking for the original manufacterer bios so I could flash them back to the originals then re-update and take care of that gray screen I'm sure shouldn't show up.

Any further assistance would be appreciated :) and I'll try the above it may at least allow me to get windows on it and find out the original bios through a windows based program.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

That looks like some severe video corruption or a memory problem. Does it show anything normal at all at the initial bootup?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

alaguard

Funny enough it boots most things like normal; but it shows that when I try to install windows or run mostly anything (dos) on it. It does show the normal screen with the gray and funny symbols over the top of the regular stuff. It doesn't do it on initial start up. It could be video corruption but the system also refuses to find the HDD and I know the harddrive works as I have tested it and just formatted it to clear all the junk (he had TONS of critical errors viruses and spyware, malware, and everything you could think of loaded on this thing) so I was hoping that would just fix it load new windows and be on with it.

No such luck I'll try to get a picture of it and load it up tomorrow, its late and after work. Thanks for the assist.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

tried a DOS bootdisk and an
fdisk /MBR

already?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

alaguard

I've tried the bootdisk and upgrading the bios version. I'll give the fdisk and /MBR a try then and let you know how it goes.