Need Original BIOS for Sony Vaio VGN-T140P

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
aburhans
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have spent countless hours with Sony esupport via chat over the past 3 days ... ugh, useless. My problem is that my VGA port is no longer working when hooking up an external monitor.

I thought that this might be a driver issue originally, but after having tried every variation of original & updated video/graphics driver over the past few days, and then ultimately performing a full system restore back to factory settings/apps/configuration, I still had the problem.

The only difference in my Vaio now than when I received it from Sony back in 2004 is that the BIOS has been updated. And good 'ol Sony does not provide the Original BIOS for download. So, I'm trying to avoid spending several hundred dollars to have Sony evaluate this by flashing the BIOS back to its original version ... when an external monitor used to work.

Can anyone please help direct me to where I might find a copy of the original BIOS for a Sony Vaio model VGN-T140P that was manufactured around 11/2004?

Thanks so much in advance for any help ... I'm obviously new to this board, and would really appreciate any assistance you guys can provide.

- Andrew
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

What update IS available at their website for this particular model? It should work with yours after all? Or was it called back?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
aburhans
New visitors - please read the rules.

The BIOS update available on their site is R0052G7. I applied that update awhile back with, seemingly, no issues. Now that I've encountered this video issue and I can't recall whether I did or didn't use an external monitor successfully after the BIOS upgrade or not, I'm wanting to flash it back to the original BIOS to eliminate the BIOS as the culprit here.

Hope that helps.