new hdd not recognized

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
cRUSH3r
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello everyone, just found your site , hoping someone can help me. I have a Packard Bell model EASYNOTE_MZ35-U-030 (S/N : 109049860139) with the original hdd faulty. It's a Seagate 120 ST9120822A model. I've bought a new hdd, a WD Scorpio 120Gb WD1200BEVE hdd but it's not recognized in bios, and i don't have any options to autodetect or manual detection. The windows xp installer can see my new hdd (i can partition it and it copies all the setup files but when i restart - no OS found) but i think BIOS won't let me boot it unless it sees it (it's blank field where the name should be). Before this 120 WD i had another WD 160 Gb hdd and had the same problem.
I've updated the bios (last version 3A14) from the Packard Bell site ( http://support.packardbell.com/global/i ... 139&g=2000 ) but still no luck.
I also tried the Data LifeGuard utilities from WD site but the software can't see my 120 or 160 WD hdd's. Also i don't know if using an ide adapter and the WD drive in a desktop computer with the LifeGuard utilities i may solve it..
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Check with Packard Bell tech support, this sounds to me like a misconfiguration in the bios boot order, but I don't know where that would be in the bios.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
RobertR.
Master Flasher

try changing the jumper configuration (if any) and put on "Master" or "Cable Selct". how old is your pc? Its possible that the possible that packard bell did not allow the BIOS to see more than what your previous drive had. Try checking in the BIOS Updates section, there might be another BIOS fix.
Take precautions.