Panasonic CF-72 Problems!

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
crgagner
New visitors - please read the rules.

I just picked up a Panasonic CF-72X Pentium 4 to take with me to Iraq. It has an Internal mini PCI slot with a Cisco Mini PCI 350 wireless card installed. I want to upgrade to a newer wireless card and have tried 2 different cards in the system but neither work.

I currently have an Intel 2915 card I am trying to get working but when the card is installed the option for wireless lan in the bios diappears. If I reinstall the Cisco card it comes back as an option.

I am guessing that there is something in the bios that only allows certain mini pci cards to be used, and I am hoping that this can be changed. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ??

Thanks

Craig
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Did it come with the Cisco card installed? If so, maybe it has some firmware drivers bundled with the bios.

Can you use PCMCIA wireless card? The the drivers would be installed to your operating system.
crgagner
New visitors - please read the rules.

Ya it came with the Cisco Card installed, in the advanced tab in the BIOS I have an option to enable or disable the Wireless LAN. However when I replace the Cisco card with any other card the option disappears and I cant use the card.

PCMCIA works fine but I really dont want a card hanging out the side of my computer while its in the HMMV, I dont need my Gunner stepping on it.

I'm guessing Panasonic in thier infamous wisdom blocked the use of other cards in the BIOS programming.

I have checked with all the Bios upgrade companies and noone can help, Panasonic support is basically worthless.