Patch LG R700 bios to be comaptible with 9600mgt

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
avati
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello everybody. First of all congratulations for your effort to keep alive a very imporatant community like this one.
Now lets go to my problem. I got an LG r700 aka msi-gx700 that was shipped with a mxm 8600m gs 256mb. I open the laptop and i saw that the power support is compatible with an 9600m gt.
So i bought a 9600m gt with 1gb ddr2 and installed it. The laptop boot with a message to add an mxm structure to Sbios and after that enter windows 7 x64 normally with no problems.
But every i try to install the nvidia drivers after reboot when it tries to enter windows 7 i see a BSOD with a countdown memory dump.
I searched for that behavior on the net and some mentioned that i have to add the id of the vga card inside the Sbios.
Cna anyone expert patch my bios to be compatible with 9600mgt?
Here is a link with both the vga bios and LG bios. http://www.mediafire.com/?ttw69mj188u69km

Thanks in advance,
John
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

This is a clean install of windows 7 on that laptop? No other video card drivers installed in there before?
Was the new card tested in any other laptop to verify it is actually working 100%?
Did you contact the reseller/manufacturer of the card with your issue?
Are there any reports of other LG R700/MSI GX700 users that successfully use this card?

Note: Even when the power circuit is able to handle it, it's possible the laptop shell is not suitable to handle the extra heat it generates. This may be the reason for the MXM limit in the bios in the first place.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
avati

Well, first the vga card is installed on a fresh windows 7 x64 bit system.
I will tell you what can dowith this card until now.
I CAN read from GPU-Z all the values from the vga card -except the clocks. That is normal when no drivers installed.
I CAN modify the clocks with nibitor and also the card can save them.
I CAN read the nv tmeparature sensor from the card with everest ultimate that gives me temperatures from 58 -60 Celsious degrees.
NO black screens or lines or strange lines on the beggining.
A broken card should do all that????

I only get BSOD every time i try to install nvidia drivers after reboot. Also i have no other system to test the card.
The seller of the ebay didn't helped at all (he took my negative feedback). I asked him the bios to reflash but didn't send it. He want to return him the card but i dont trust China sellers on returns.
From your experience: is the card broken? Is the card flashed with a worng bios? Or is a System bios blacklist matter?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Not saying the card is broken, just the laptop cannot handle it properly. The moment you install the drivers, the card will operate at full power, before that it will just behave like any low-end plain VGA card, not taking any power from the laptop. Do you have any other drivers you can try and install instead of the set you tried until now? Did you redownload that, even a corrupt installer can cause symptoms like this.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

avati

Hello again,
after many days trying to find a solution,i finally returned the card and now got an 9600mgt gdd3 512mb.
The card works almost perfect with latest nvidia drivers. But the card doesnt work on maximum clocks.
On the start i have a message saying that i have to modify the Sbios and add the mxm structure and associated callbacks.
Also the laptop freeze when i press extrenal monitor and the hdmi doesnt work.
I asked around and they told me that my solution is inside the sbios.
How i will modify it so to work properly my new card?
I need your guidence.
Thanks in advance....
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

That error is coming from your video card bios, not your system bios. See if one of these guys can help you:
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/ ... s-startup/
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything