Phoenix Bios can't save my last new settings

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
ramaflore
BIOS Newbie

Hi Edwin,

I come back to you to know if the following could be linked with the cmos old battery too.

If I turn off my laptop and unplug from the wall outlet and I start again after a few hours, the Bios came back with the same settings as before, and it stopped just before Windows screen, where it should appeared 'Microsoft Corporation' green progress bar. I have no error message.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Anything in the boot process until just having the computer go on, fans spinning, no beeps, video nothing else. So yes, even this behaviour can be it. Tomorrow if I have time I will tell you what pages in the manual handle removing the bottom cover.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
ramaflore
BIOS Newbie

Thank you so much Edwin. :wink:
ramaflore
BIOS Newbie

Since yesterday, the clock system is not more synchronized.

When I change the hour, it works during one hour, after that, it's going backward, one hour before. Then, I set up again the clock, it works for one hour, then, the same, it's going backward one hour before. :(
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Yes, another CMOS battery low symptom.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

edwin
The Hardware Archivist

See page 27 (35/52), "Removing the mainboard", then you can see what other steps need to be taken to reach the CMOS battery on the lower side of the mainboard. You cannot remove the lower cover, you need to remove everything from the lower cover...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

ramaflore
BIOS Newbie

Hi again,

I've not yet taken time to do it and I'm very busy right now, but I have a question about removing the upper case from page 23 /25.

Is it easy to raise ot take out the upper case from the main unit ?

Another question is for the Amilo Pro V3505, is the same protocol to reset the CMOS as for the model 3515 (video you showed me) ?

On page 22, it's said 'disconnect the usb cable from Usb1 on the mainboard and CN1 on the usb port board', what's CN1 ?

Could you remind how to avoid electrostatic discharge easily ? I don't have any material or appliance for that at home.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

touch the water pipe or central heating system with your hand to discharge, holding the laptop in your other hand.

make sure not to move too much if you have carpet in the home.

CN1 is the name of a connector, that should be printed on the ciruit board near the connector

I believe the 3505 and 3515 have the same protocol.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

ramaflore
BIOS Newbie

Thanks for your advise and support Edwin.

When you said "holding the laptop in your other hand.", which part of the laptop ?
edwin wrote:touch the water pipe or central heating system with your hand to discharge, holding the laptop in your other hand.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

...anything metal in the laptop.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

ramaflore
BIOS Newbie

So, one hand touching the central heating system for ie, and the other hand touching metallic part of the laptop.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

yes.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

ramaflore
BIOS Newbie

I've contacted Fujitsu Siemens Support and I was surprised by the answer they gave me about the replacement of CMOS battery.

According to them, it could damaged the motherboard because this is an old motherboard. This answer, seems bizarre to me.

I sent an email with more details, but I don't know if they're going to give me a reply: answers are always too short.

I'd like to know your opinion if your know for which reasons they told me that. Is it a commercial response in order to buy a new laptop ??
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I am indeed very surprised by their answer and I would indeed like to know what they consider a safe option to solve the issue you are having...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything