Phoenix BIOS rollback..

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
prem
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, am new here so pardon me if I make a mistake or have overlooked a rule(though I did try to read/follow all.. :) ).

Now the issue is that I flashed my sister's Acer Aspire 5620's phoenix BIOS to the latest version of 3234.wph, the original BIOS that came installed was 3219.wph version(you may check the BIOS file if required- link). I used the WinPhlash utility to do this. Since updating to the new BIOS, the notebook does not boot to windows and shows the dreaded blinking cursor, it only boots if Load Defaults is selected in BIOS. And this step has to be performed every time to boot, it does not boot during a restart also.

When I tried to rollback to the old BIOS using WinPhlash, it doesn't allow and gives message that the notebook has the latest BIOS version and the old one will not be installed.

So please advise me how to flash the old BIOS file back, maybe using another bootable USB key flash method or how to resolve the blinking cursor scenario in the first place. Of course, I did this update without consulting Acer :?.

Thanks in advance....
prem
New visitors - please read the rules.

Sorry guys, am feeling a total nOOb right now :oops:..

The issue was quite simple really, just had to uncheck the option for 'flashing only when BIOS file is newer than system's' FLAG in the WinPhlash advanced settings options and then flash to the old BIOS file. The notebook works as before now, with no blinking cursor as with the new BIOS update.

Thanks anyways....