Please Help BIOS for clevo M5x0J

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
inc21
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi
I have been looking for a BIOS update for clevo M5x0J MB for days now
but no results :(
There is nothing on Clevos website.
Trying to install WD 500gb sata hdd , original was 80gb but it is gone to heaven.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I cannot find anything on this model number. What make/model is mentioned on the laptop casing?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
inc21

Thanks for your answer its good to know im not on my own :D

Model in this laptop is a bit complicated. It laptop thats assembled by Estonian company "ordi" and the model on the case is "nexus M55iTDB"
Downloaded everest and it says motherboard is clevo M5x0J. I think What they mean with x is that it could be something like M540J or M570J or something, but im not sure.
Wrote to clevo in taiwan days ago but no answer as expected and nothing on the site either.
There is 80GB HDD in it at the moment which works perfect, but this is belonging to somebody else. I have 500GB which the bios does not recognize, but works with SATA bridge on USB.

Some details from everest please let me know if you need anything else.

CPU Properties
CPU Type Mobile AMD Turion 64 MT-32

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID <DMI>
Motherboard Name Clevo M5x0J

BIOS Properties
System BIOS Date 02/08/06
Video BIOS Date 01/16/06
DMI BIOS Version 2002Q4
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Will be M540J, as that is the only one matching M5x0J, in fact it's even the M5xxJ series.
http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/d ... submit=+GO+

Clevo never released a new bios for this series.

There is a slight possibility you need to set the harddisk for slower SATA operation by means of a jumper or software from the harddisk manufacturer, that sometimes solves the harddisk not being seen by the system. You can do so while it's connected to your USB/SATA converter.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
inc21

Thanx Edwin for all your help.

unfortunately i was not able to sort this issue. Hdd i have has the pins for jumper but these did not seem to to what i need. Also found no software on WD site for the job.
Clevo website is not that good, i cant seem to download anything, even for more up to date models :(

Today the i managed to get my hands on a HP model with vista and hdd in this is gone as well so i need to by 1 anyway. I´ll just get the same 80gb that i have now and thats that sorted :)
Or what to you think Edwin? 80GB or 120GB SATA for my old board?
Thanks a million