PROBLEM WITH ACER ASPIRE 1520 LAPTOP

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
TFLOOKLAP
New visitors - please read the rules.

Have a laptop from hell here,it has worked well for just over three years.Was playing Far Cry on it two weeks ago,whem the laptop froze up.switched it off/back on -no display-nothing.Since then have tried another video board-as got error beep code on swtich on- 1 long and two short-this was reported in manual as video checksum error.Have tried another motherboard-was doing nothing-with original video board-other video board sent back as believed problem was not that.Have tried the crisis recovery disk method,made one up with latest bios-loaded using bootblock dipswitch operation.The wierd thing is this video graphic is nvidia but when this crisis disk is loaded.laptop powers up and just sits there-it does nothing else.But when i load the uma video crisis disk,the laptop comes up-in that hdd light comes up, wireless led comes up,keyboard registers caps lock/num lock/hibernate keypresses and beeps if memory/keyboard removed-but no video-nothing-nada.
So my question is what is the faulty item.And why is the uma crisis build the only one i get life from this laptop-the nvidia crisis disk does nothing.
Any suggestions?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

so, no matter what board or video card you use you get no display. possibly the inverter or the screen itself gone?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
TFLOOKLAP

Have tried a repl video board (2nd user)- with original motherboard,and a motherboard (2nd user) with orig video board.but with both initially did nothing-ran crisis recovery disk-nvidia one causes no error beep-no operation,and umb crisis recovery causes error beep,and indications of some correct system operation concerning keyboards/leds-also beeps without memory/keyboard-but no video from either.
TFLOOKLAP

have removed screen connector with repl 2nd user motherboard-orig video card.no video from secondary vga output-with nvidia image