satellite 1200 bios problem

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
kaidoko
New visitors - please read the rules.

hi!
i have Toshiba satellite 1200 notebook, i flashed the bios but then it powered off. the power was ok when flashing. but it doesnt power up. when powering on battery, some leds flashes but it doesnt power up.
can anyone say what went wrong, can i fix it or what?
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Try reset the CMOS by taking out the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes. If it does not boot, contact Tsohiba service...
kaidoko

already tried clearing cmos - it doesn´t help.
when using crisis recovery mode, it powers up, with extranal monitor ai can see toshiba logo there, but can´t do nothing. i already burned crisis recovery cd, but it seems that it doesn´t read that. there´s a some kind of jumper behind the memory cover, is this recovery jumper?
Can i get my laptop work or is it completetly death?
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Well, it seems it is not completely dead. Please contact Toshiba service if they know a way to salvage it. Ask price if it makes sense anymore considering the age of the laptop.
kaidoko

Hi !

I finally got the crisis recovery disk to read - Laptop starts reading floppy, then it beeps and then only floppy light stays green, but i waited more than half hour, still nothing. I tried hotflash, with phlash it crashed on detectng chip. Whith go556flash it flashed, but the result was same as before.
So i´d want to ask, why does crisis recovery work, and do i have to use phlash to hotflash bios and is platform.bin neccesary? How can i ignore the detecting error? Can i only hotflash with phoenix bios motherboard?

Thx for your help!
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

motherboard for hotflahing needs to support the same type of bios chip and it needs to run some flashing program able to program the chip.

What type of bios chip is it? You may need to peel the sticker to see the type. What socket is it (how many leads)?
kaidoko

The chip is 32pin plcc 39vf040, i allready tried to hotflash with another motherboard with same chip but motherboard has award bios, mine is phoenix. I flashed it fith goflash, it flashed sucessfully but still there is the same problem.