Sony laptop BIOS Help needed

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
arvinth
New visitors - please read the rules.

Help me.

I have a sony Vaio PCG F560 laptop, it came with 98SE, i upgraded to XP 5 months before and it was working fine today i downloaded the BIOS upgrade from

http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/pc/pcgf540f560/

http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/cgi-bin/swu- ... ADERFILE=1

when i installed it it asked me to insert a floppy and when i rebooted it asked me whether to upgrade the bios, i said yes.

at end of the process suddenly all gone, no screen display, no power light, but i can hear the fan sound, i am unable to shutdown the pc for that i need to manually remove off the power supply from wall.

please help me to recover from this.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Contact your nearest Sony support center. It looks like the download was corrupted in some way.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
arvinth

edwin wrote:Contact your nearest Sony support center. It looks like the download was corrupted in some way.
Yes I contacted them, they are asking to send me the notebook and charge of 291$ for basic service.
arvinth

Hello Guys,

give me some suggestion.....I am waiting for your guidance.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

This is your problem:
arvinth wrote:I have a Sony Vaio PCG F560 laptop
In our experience when you mis-flash a Sony laptop there is little you can do except take it to a Sony service centre.
You duplicate posting in "My Motherboard Is Dead" has been deleted.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
Joe
Chip off the ol' block

Your BIOS chip is located on the bottom of the laptop almost center under a small door.

The BIOS chip is mounted (soldered) onto a small removable "sub-board". You can either try and find that whole sub-board and replace it, or you can contact me and we'll reprogram your BIOS chip and remount it to your sub-board.

It's not free, there is work involved, but it's nowhere close to what Sony is asking for the repair.

Please pay close attention to the small white "dots" on the BIOS sub-board and the motherboard, you HAVE to line them up when you're re-installing the BIOS.

Joe K

contact@laptopBIOS.com
polything

SAME SITUATION LIKE U. THE HDD IS GONE. After changing a new one. It works.
I STILL NEED TO CRACK THE PASSWORD IN BIOS. WHO KNOWS THIS PLEASE HELP ME> THANKS ALOTTTTTTTT<