Sony PCG-505F

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
SunShock
New visitors - please read the rules.

Accidentally flashed with update for Z505. On attempted boots, HD light turns on for 2 seconds. Blank screen, no accepted input. Booting from floppy or recov CD impossible. Won't shut off without pulling the plug. Any clues on what I should do about repair/replacement BIOS? (New Mobo costs more than entire laptop replacement).
Joe
Chip off the ol' block

Hello, with the condition you are describing you most likely have a power problem rather than just a BIOS problem now..

The Sony Vaio line is known for these "power conditions" after a bad flash, and all the damage is done while the BIOS update is performing the KBC (keyboard) update.

There is a slim chance that a BIOS replacement may help, but I wouldn't be 100% sure.

Joe
Joe
Chip off the ol' block

Also, you can check the situation by feeling the processor, if it gets hot when the power button is pushed, a BIOS replacement may fix it.

Joe
arvinth
New visitors - please read the rules.

Joe wrote:Also, you can check the situation by feeling the processor, if it gets hot when the power button is pushed, a BIOS replacement may fix it.

Joe
I also have the same problem, any place recommended for service, I live in NJ and work at NYC.

Is it possible to change the BIOS by myself. can u guide me. Thanks in advance