Sony Vaio Phoenix Crisis Recovery Sequence?

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
IntuitiveNipple
BIOS Newbie

Unfortunately what appeared according to WinPlash to be a good BIOS upgrade bricked the Vaio VGN-FE41Z laptop!

I had already prepared a bootable Phoenix Crisis Recovery diskette (and CD) so I figured it would be sorted out quickly.

However it turns out that either this BIOS doesn't support the boot-time hot-key, or the key combination on this model is different from the expected Fn+B / Win+B options.

Has anyone heard of, or done, a crisis recovery procedure on a Vaio laptop or notebook?
stkrup
New visitors - please read the rules.

IntuitiveNipple wrote:Unfortunately what appeared according to WinPlash to be a good BIOS upgrade bricked the Vaio VGN-FE41Z laptop!

I had already prepared a bootable Phoenix Crisis Recovery diskette (and CD) so I figured it would be sorted out quickly.

However it turns out that either this BIOS doesn't support the boot-time hot-key, or the key combination on this model is different from the expected Fn+B / Win+B options.

Has anyone heard of, or done, a crisis recovery procedure on a Vaio laptop or notebook?
Hello I have the same problem, none of key combination seems not to be working? Has anyone got any solution for dead sony vaio laptop going into crisis recovery mode please?
Let us now if you ever recover dead sony vaio laptop, my model is sony vaio tx5xn.
Thanks for any help guys!!!
James D
New visitors - please read the rules.

stkrup wrote:
IntuitiveNipple wrote:Unfortunately what appeared according to WinPlash to be a good BIOS upgrade bricked the Vaio VGN-FE41Z laptop!

Hello I have the same problem, none of key combination seems not to be working? Has anyone got any solution for dead sony vaio laptop going into crisis recovery mode please?
Let us now if you ever recover dead sony vaio laptop, my model is sony vaio tx5xn.
Thanks for any help guys!!!
Use Ctrl + Esc or Fn + Esc. Or Alt + Esc before power on