Sony Vaio VGN-FS Boot Problem -- Says BIOS

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
jbg684
New visitors - please read the rules.

Well, I have done something quite wrong to my laptop. I attempted to replace a defective CD-RW/DVD drive with a new one and after installing the drive, my laptop booted successfully about twice.

Since then, it has been a series of failures. First I got an "lsass.exe" error message and the computer restarted. Then, I got a "decompilation or disassembly prohibited message SVGA", which froze the computer, and most recently, I got the blue screen of death saying that my BIOS isn't ACPI compliant.

I'm not sure what all this means, but sounds like I've damaged the video card or the BIOS or something. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? I've tried to boot into the setup menu to change my BIOS but I can't even get to that screen. I also tried looking for the internal battery so I could remove it and reset the BIOS that way but I couldn't find that either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
RAF

Firstly, I dont think you have destroied your bios or vga card, I suggest you re-install O/S and see what will happen. If you system halt during BIOS, please remove the CD-ROM at first.
nikpacara

jbg684 wrote:Well, I have done something quite wrong to my laptop. I attempted to replace a defective CD-RW/DVD drive with a new one and after installing the drive, my laptop booted successfully about twice.

Since then, it has been a series of failures. First I got an "lsass.exe" error message and the computer restarted. Then, I got a "decompilation or disassembly prohibited message SVGA", which froze the computer, and most recently, I got the blue screen of death saying that my BIOS isn't ACPI compliant.

I'm not sure what all this means, but sounds like I've damaged the video card or the BIOS or something. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? I've tried to boot into the setup menu to change my BIOS but I can't even get to that screen. I also tried looking for the internal battery so I could remove it and reset the BIOS that way but I couldn't find that either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
i have the same problem dude.

the only thing i'd found is that if you wring in middle of the board works fine.
i think it's any break of GPU or south bridge chipset from the board...

please mail me if you got any solution.
thanks

Edit - Removed the OP's e-mail address. KW
Attachments
Picture 001.jpg
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

What model is this and what graphics chip is used? There's some serious problems with a few nVidia chips in the past and changing something physically in the laptop may just be enough to knock it out of whack a bit.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Joe
Chip off the ol' block

NIK, there are known issues of a loss of contact with the Intel South Bridge chip on the Vaio FS series. It's usually not as simple as reflowing the chip as there is usually broken or severed pads under the chip causing the loss of contact. Micro welding would be needed of the broken pad for long term reliability.
Joe K
AQSTECH.com
Embedded / Surface Mount BIOS Repair Services
http://www.aqstech.com
Notebook / Laptop BIOS Repair