Ei systems 3103 CPU Upgrade

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
robconnell84
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi everyone, first tiem here so be gentle, having upgraded the RAM on my EI systems 3103 i was lookign around and noticed on one review a guy had upgraded the standard intel celeron 1.86Ghz to a pentioum Dual-core 1.73Ghz processor, he said it was very easy,

so beign me i found one on ebay bought it and im now a bit stuck i tried it drop it straight into the motherboard thinkign it would boot right away but alas the power light came on but no other indicators, after re-installing the old cpu everything is fine. can anyone out there please help me,

dont have much on system spec although i know i have an intel express chipset 943GML and the motherboards is DIXONSXP.

cheers :lol:
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

and noticed on one review a guy had upgraded the standard intel celeron 1.86Ghz to a pentioum Dual-core 1.73Ghz processor, he said it was very easy,
please give us info about where to find that review so we can check what exactly was used for the upgrade and if indeed it was this exact model that was upgraded.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
robconnell84

http://www.reviewcentre.com/review377338.html

the review is here details are a little sketchy though
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

yep indeed. there is a slight chance your bios simply does not recognize the new CPU. Or the CPU is faulty, I suppose you do not have any other machine to test it in?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
robconnell84

i dont have another computer to test it in unfortunately, the higher spec Ei systems laptops come with this processor already installed so i had hoped it would be supported.

is there any definitive lsit of which processors will it which machine i have been googling allday i dont want ot give up but fear i may have to :?
naton

The Ei system 3102 and 3103 are made by Uniwill. I did the upgrade on one of those systems a while ago to a Pentium Dual Core T2060. The only thing is I can't remember if I did the CPU upgrade before or after a bios update. The uniwill name of the Ei System 3103 is in one of the stickers at the base of the laptop.

The link for the bios is: http://www.uniwill.com/downloads/

If you still can't use the new CPU even after the upgrade it is likely that your CPU is at fault.
merikiito

I know this is an old post but it does show up in google as a first hit when you search for: upgrade 3103 cpu

The following CPU's will work:

T2080 1.73 (search for part number "SL9VY" on ebay)
T2060 1.60 (search for part number "SL9VX" on ebay)

T2130 1.86 part number "SL9V" which is the fastest CPU may work but I cannot confirm it.

Make sure you upgrade your bios first before you change the CPU!