toshiba/ dvd+rw

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
bhynes
New visitors - please read the rules.

i have a toshiba 5005-s504 with a matshita udja710 dvd/cd-rw drive. it will not read dvd+r or +rw disks. according to compatibility charts i have seen on the net it says it should read disks. nero info tool says it shoild read disks. i have tried bit setting sofware , with no luck. i have also read that because toshiba supports the -r & -rw spec that they didn't put support for the plus disks on their laptops.

my question is if i upgrade the bios with a wimbios upgrade will i then have the ability to read the plus dvd disks on my toshiba laptop. any help any one has on this subject would be greatly appreciated
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

bhynes wrote:my question is if i upgrade the bios with a wimbios upgrade will i then have the ability to read the plus dvd disks on my toshiba laptop. any help any one has on this subject would be greatly appreciated
A wimbios upgrade ? What do you mean ?
bhynes

my error, i thought wim'sbios was the place to purchase a bios upgrade. I see it is actually esupport.com that sells the bios 's
If I purchase a new bios for my Toshiba laptop 5005-s504 would the new bios give it the ability to read dvd+r and dvd+rw disks. As I said in my previous post , different places on the net say that the dive Matshita UJDA710 is capable of reading the disks, but Toshiba doesn't support in their laptops.

thanks
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

DVD firmware is never included in the system BIOS...
bhynes

i understand that firmware is not in the system bios chip, could the ability to read or not read dvd+rw and dvd+r disks be in the system bios.
according to what it says on the bios upgrade site , with a new bios you should be able to read all dvd + or - disks. I have e-mailed them and have got no response.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

The problem is with the drive hardware or firmware.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere