Toshiba Dynabook C9 BIOS problem

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
kajer
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have searched and found nothing, however, I have this problem. I have a Toshiba Dynabook C9 (214LDEW). The other day, I restarted my computer, and my startup screen was CHANGED! No longer was i greeted with the nice Dynabook Logo, but an ugly red Toshiba "in touch with tomorrow" logo. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!

I have been very nice to my laptop, and I wonder what I did to deserve an ugly red startup logo rather than the nice dynabook logo i have seen since i got this computer.

I suspect this was a bios problem. I tried resetting to defaults, i tried pulling the cmos battery and waiting a hour. but all i got was a reset system clock.

I have searched the net short of learning Japanese trying to find a bios patch or update to get my dynabook logo back.

Please help me, I know it may seem stupid, but I liked my dynabook logo, not a ugly red Toshiba ad.

(bios says it is acpi 1.50)

-------------------------------------------------------------

as in, i had this logo....

and something happened where now i have this ugly thing

HELP PLEASE

Thank You in Advance!!!!!!
Last edited by kajer on Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
kajer

I'd even be happy with a utility to just swap the logo back, if anyone has anything that could write to the bios
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Are you sure your notebook's BIOS wasn't flashed by someone else?
kajer

Absolutely sure, I had been using my laptop off and on for the past week exclusively in my study. I had been using stand-by mode instead of shutting down, until I uninstalled winDVD or something that needed a reboot, when I rebooted, I got a strange "press F1" message, thinking I must have hit [esc] accidentally, i hit F1 without even reading the message (foolish me). The computer rebooted rather than entering BIOS and wham. there is the Toshiba logo, rather than my nice Dynabook logo... That's partly why I got this laptop, it is a JDM laptop, and branded dynabook rather than just a Toshiba.

So in short, YES.

I am not sure how someone would flash my bios when I can't even find any bios' for this computer.
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Try setting clock back on year and boot. Maybe the the Dynabook logo is only good for the warranty period?
kajer

According to useless Toshiba tech, this machine has been out of warranty for 3 years, but when i pulled the cmos battery it reset the clock to Jan 1, 2000, and i booted off that several times... so no dice. :(

<bump>
kajer

</bump>
kajer

Oka, It has been awhile, and I would like to ask for help one more time. I know It has probably been decided that this is a useless thread, I am still on my knees... Here is the BIOS from my laptop right now.

http://www.czarkahan.net/BIOS.BAK.txt
(remove the .txt)

If anyone else has a Dynaboox C9 or CX1, please let me know so i can look at your bios and compare notes!!!

OR
OR

If anyone wants to help me insert the old dynabook logo back into this ROM file... That would make my year!!!