Toshiba P100-342 Bios dead!

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Elixe
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello!

First of all I apologize for my English, I'm Spanish. Yesterday updating the bios, the process failed. As a result when I turn on the laptop,the dysplay stays in black, not even load the bios. I tried to restore it with the application "Phoenix Crisis Disk Build". But I don't know if I do something wrong by putting the USB into my laptop... i press FN + B buttons but my lalaptop does nothing.

Please help!! Thank you!
JennC
New visitors - please read the rules.

Bear with me, I'm new too. It could be as simple as trying a different Fn key combination. For my Satellite M305D, the recovery combination is "Fn + Esc". It also seems to be important that you press & hold the keys with no battery and no power plugged in. While you hold the keys down, plug in the power cord ONLY, no battery. Keep holding the keys down. Now press the power button. That should get things rolling.

I have seen several combination suggestion, including my service manual stating to hold the u key to boot from a usb (FDD) drive.

Be careful, though. I had the exact same scenario with my laptop. I used Crisdisk from Phoenix, and I used an old Windows XP to format into to FAT, because FAT32 will not work. I followed all the directions EXACTLY and after 45 minutes, I realized, the recovery did not work. I know it CAN work.

But you may want to try a different method first. I did a search of "Toshiba Reset BIOS" and many of the videos were helpful. Of course, I didn't see these videos until it was too late. I have a new motherboard arriving soon...
Let us know what you decide to do and your results.
Good luck!!