I tried to install Windows Vista on my Toshiba laptop ( Satellite A30 ).
After booting from CD for install, in 1 minute, I get this following error with Blue Screen.
"The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please concat your
system vendor for an updated BIOS. Technical Information: ***STOP: 0x000000A5
( 0x00000011, 0x00000007, 0xFFD0D010, 0x0100000E)"
I Searched in Google and Microsoft Sites about this problem and I found that the problem from ACPI and it may be from one of this thing:
(0x000000011, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4):
The system cannot enter ACPI mode. There are many reasons for this, including:
• The system cannot initialize the AML interpreter.
• The system cannot find the Root System Description table.
• The system cannot allocate a critical driver.
• The system cannot load the Root System Description table.
• The system cannot load device descriptor blocks.
• The system cannot connect an interrupt vector.
• The SCI_EN (system control interrupt enable request) cannot be set (see 0x00000001).
• The ACPI Table checksum is incorrect.
ACPI is a hierarchical arrangement of tables, each one building upon the next to define the complete capabilities of the system and of every device in the system. ACPI starts by looking for the Root System Description table, which points to the next table, which points to the next table, and so on. Usually, the 0x000000011 error occurs because these tables are damaged or missing.
The BIOS has May 2004 date.
BIOS Type: Phoenix
BIOS Date: July 22nd 2004
BIOS ID: Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0
BIOS OEM: V1.80
Chipset: Intel 3580 rev 2
This is the latest BIOS availabel at Toshiba support site.
Is there a way to update ACPI in bios or disable this error ?
Any help would be greately appreciated.