Toshiba Satellite L755 bios restore

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Volder
New visitors - please read the rules.

Guys, have anyone faced the problem on Toshiba Satellite 755 series laptop after unsuccessful bios update?
The problem seems to be pretty popular. But I didn't find any description how to resove it.

After the official Toshiba software notified about the bios update - I downloaded it from official site. During the installation - the message showed "Verify Error". After the reboot of notebook - it didn't started.

Black screen, the HDD signal is blinking, and cooler periodically working like breathing.
Doubt if I can fix it myself. The official Service center required crazy money (twice the price of the laptop) to get it fixed, while the laptop is still on warranty.

Have anyone faced this? Any advice?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Where are you located? If the laptop is still on warranty and you can produce the original purchase receipt, contact the international Toshiba service headquarters with your story about your local support center.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Volder

edwin wrote:Where are you located? If the laptop is still on warranty and you can produce the original purchase receipt, contact the international Toshiba service headquarters with your story about your local support center.
I'm in Switzerland right now. And sent my laptop to swiss Service Center (local company which represents Toshiba).
The laptop is still on the warranty, but they say it's not a guarantee case, although initially when I described all the the situation and asked whether it is covered by the guarantee, they responded that my warranty is valid till August 2012. But when they received it - they say, it's not a guarantee case. I need to pay 1355 swiss francs for repair (about 1500 US dollars, while the laptop price is about 700 US dollars). Or I have the other alternative - they send me back the broken laptop, but I still need to pay about 120 US dollars for diagnostics they did. Sounds really crazy, but it happens))

I have not found any international Toshiba representative contacts. Seems that they have only local ones.
I wrote a message on official Toshiba forum, the moderator sent me a note - that they resent it to Toshiba Europe support. Still waiting a response from them.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Interesting to say the least. Did they give you a _valid_ reason why it was out of guarantee? Did you open up the laptop by yourself or something?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Volder

edwin wrote:Interesting to say the least. Did they give you a _valid_ reason why it was out of guarantee? Did you open up the laptop by yourself or something?
They provided me two abstracts.
First is from warranty agreement:
Toshiba supplies no warranty, either expressed or implied,
for any pre-installed software, its quality, performance,
merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Nor
does Toshiba warrant that the functions contained in the
software will meet your requirements or that the operation
of the software will be uninterrupted or error-free. As a
result, unless otherwise stated in writing, the software is
sold “as is“. Should the software prove defective, you assume
the entire risk as to its quality and performance as
well as any costs associated with its servicing, repairing or correction.
But this is all about software and "its" (software) repairing. While in the quote they sent me, they wanted to change the motherboard, which is hardware.

Also they mentioned disclaimer on the update page of Toshiba:
Toshiba provides this information "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Toshiba shall not be responsible for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information or software provided. Toshiba is not liable for any damage caused by the use of any information or software provided, including information that is incomplete or incorrect.
But this disclaimer is out of warranty agreement, and as far as I understand it - it means that Toshiba doesn't provide any additional warranty in case you install and break, while my warranty is because I made a purchase of laptop, but not because I installed.

No, I didn't open the laptop. I only removed the HDD as they said in the e-mail I can do this.
Volder

Finally the service center did it under the warranty.
Thanks to the Toshiba representatives, I'm pretty sure they forced the service center to do this, although I didn't receive any feedback from them.

But received back working laptop.