Tricky & Urgent Dell Studio 1535 Bios

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
dvirusd
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

This is my first post - Since I am a member of another forum. I understand the importance of rules. I hope I don't end up breaking any :).

I need some help, I am trying to update Dell Studio 1535 BIOS. When I try to update, basically I go to the support website and I download the bios, no matter what version I download. When I run, after rebooting, it stays stuck in updating BIOS screen. Nothing actually happens. I restart my computer :D :D and it still works, Oh yeah I did keep it on for 12 hours on the same screen. The fear of burning my LCD screen made me restart. but off-course the purpose is not solved. My webcam is not being detected and I need to fix it.

I tried using winphlash and using the .rom files extracted of the BIOS file. Winphlash gives me an error ... Part table Signature not found in the interface. Error code -161

I guess all I am looking for is how to force flash the bios. Clean sweep the current version and put in a new one. These new dell systems give no way to clear NVRAM, all we can do is load defaults. Damn you Dell, no doubt your QUality department needs to do some work. You guys are running BPI's or some 6 sigma projects on manufacturing?

WIM people I have great hopes from this forum. :)
dvirusd

BUMP :( ?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

http://support.dell.com/support/downloa ... 86981#3DOS

As in, use the DOS flasher from floppy as something inside your windows install is preventing you from using the windows flasher.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
dvirusd

Hi,

Thank you for the link - you did make efforts to give me the link, however I already have it. Am i missing a piece here?

I dont know how to use this file in DOS, are you recommending that I use this file to extract the ROM file and then use the ROM file in DOS? I mean use Winphash DOS version in DOS with the ROM File. Is that what you are trying to say..?

If yes I cannot find the DOS version of Winphlash. I did find Phlash6 which works in DOS but it asks for some parameters/ Files which I dont have. Can you throw some more light into it?

Cheers!
dvirusd

I tried your way in the DOS :)

It gives a weird errior Cannot use a "Dell System Studio 1535" BIOS in a "Dell System Inspiron 1535"
dvirusd

Hi,

I resolved the issue. I used the switch mentioned here.. forcetype :)

http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/topic6739.html

This solved my problem .. never knew i was so close to the solution..

Cheers!