Update of deepsleep utilities

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
wmarcusm
BIOS Newbie

I've updated the deepsleep utility page

http://home.pacbell.net/wmarcusm/deepsleep/

with version 1.4 and added a version for the Linux 2.6 kernel. This version fixes a bug in the previous versions that prevented the utility from working with most non Thinkpad laptops. I've tested it against my TP600e and Dell Inspiron 7000. It should work on any laptop that has a PIIX4 southbridge, P2->P3 processor upgrade with the Intel P3 MMC2 processor speedstep H/W modification described by sharedoc in this forum. Let me know about any success or failures on other laptop models. If it fails, run dsleep /d from DOS and send me the debug output.

wmarcusm@pacbell.net
wmarcusm
beatoem
Chip off the ol' block

8O it works on tp 390x,hp 4150 too.hey can you mod the logo to show a chequered flag like speedstep,vroom vroom?
d saint"
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Would be interesting if somebody tackes the case of non mmc2-socketed PIII's SpeedStep modding...
beatoem
Chip off the ol' block

Sharedoc wrote:Would be interesting if somebody tackes the case of non mmc2-socketed PIII's SpeedStep modding...

8O sharedoc i tried on a toshiba 1755 p3 850-700 via your input
everything worked ok ,software etc but speed stayed the same. :?
if you got any idea where i went wrong just shoot,i'm not gonna rid this notebook till i find means to get to full speed,if this can be attained then it would allow many mpga2 punters to utilise deepsleep too.
any suggestion will be immensely appreciated.
d saint"