My W500 wont run the qx9300

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
neolino
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

Ive bought a qx9300 and would like to run it in my W500. When I install it, nothing happends, no warn tone the system starts and after a few seconds it goes done...
I thinke the cpu is backlisted by the bios, but Im not able to check this and change it.

Maybe some out here could it?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

What's a qx9300 and what's a W500 ?
Please give a little more details.
Please contact your system vendor for a list of supported CPU, don't expect the newest and fastest to be supported.
neolino

Oh Im sorry.
The W500 is my thinkpad laptop and the qx9300 is a quad core extrem Cpu.
I contected lenovo, but the wont help me... The qx9300 runs in the W700 which have the equal chipset as my thinkpad.
For this reason I think the qx9300 have to run in my W500 but Im not able to check if its backlisted like some wlan cards...
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Processor support, especially in Notebooks, is often not related to the chipset. Important reasons for not supporting this CPU is they may have to test, validate and release a newer Bios supporting newer CPU, the voltage regulators and/or the cooling might not be sufficient (that's a 45W CPU).

The behaviour of your Notebook with this CPU is typical for non-supported Intel CPU - they refuse to boot. Either because the Bios does not know what's this for a CPU or the CPU requires a higher specification for the voltage regulator.
neolino

Ok but the x9100 runs in the same laptop and the x9100 have 44tdp therefor I dont think heating is a problem.
I dont konw much about bios, I thought maybe someone can check it if the cpu is supported by the bios...
Ive read a few time on the net if you upgrade your bios some more cpu will be supported...
neolino

Gibt es den keine Möglichkeit?