hp ze2308 won't boot with atheros wifi

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
amp_man
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an HP Pavilion ze2308wm, which originally came with a broadcom bcm4318 minipci card. Recently, I purchased an Atheros AR5212-based card to replace it with (for linux compatibility). However, when I try to boot after installing the card, the screen stays black (never gets to a logo or anything), and the caps lock and scroll lock lights flash, like it's in a reboot loop. I've already modified the BIOS according to the example here, which has made it so my original broadcom adapter brings up the error 104, but it still won't even get that far with the Atheros. Anyone have any suggestions?
amp_man
New visitors - please read the rules.

Alright, after messing around with it some more, I'm convinced that the problem lies somewhere other than BIOSCOD1.ROM, but searching the other 5 BIOSCODX.ROM files hasn't shown the vender IDs of the other cards, nor has ROMEXEC0/1.ROM. Does anyone know if the ze2000's BIOS would work on this machine? I'm currently working from the latest official HP BIOS, F.26.

EDIT: Definately should have mentioned this before: I've confirmed that the card is working in an older Thinkpad, and my broadcom4318 works fine in this laptop. Also, this laptop has a Phoenix BIOS, I'm using the Phoenix BIOS Editor and WinHex to edit it. And finally, I just tried the oldest BIOS available for this laptop through HP, v F.06, and the issue still exists.