AMI BIOS on Matsonic MS8157E mobo hidden features?

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Laziter
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi

I've got a Matsonic MS8157E mobo with an AMI BIOS.
Are there any hidden features/menus on this chip?
I'm only asking cause I can't change any options regarding my CPU, it's all plug'n'play on this mobo..
If there's some hidden stuff to find, how do I find it then?

While I'm at it..
Is there any software out there to test/preview a BIOS file before actually flashing it?
And last but not least.. If I find a BIOS file from another mobo manufacturer, let's say Soltek or ECS, using the same chipset as the one I've got now (VIA KM266 or is it KT266 I can't remember, it's either of them) can I use it on my current mobo?

/Benjamin
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Look for AMIBCP.
Laziter
New visitors - please read the rules.

Ok tried that..

When I'm in the BIOS file I can see some of the menus around, most of them I can't actually see, I can see that there's something, but not WHAT it is, all I can choose is 'yes' or 'no' to show it in the BIOS.

/Benjamin
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

I am not sure if a BIOS would contain hidden information or settings, but I'm not sure if you are aware that sometimes enabling a setting opens up another group of settings, previously not visible, that are related to what you enabled, so in this sense these can appear hidden.

Hope this helps.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Laziter wrote:And last but not least.. If I find a BIOS file from another mobo manufacturer, let's say Soltek or ECS, using the same chipset as the one I've got now (VIA KM266 or is it KT266 I can't remember, it's either of them) can I use it on my current mobo?
I won't say you definitely can't but the chances are small. Not only must it use the same chipset, but the other on-board devices must be the same and the I/O must be at the same addresses.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
Denniss
BIOS Guru

The same is with Asrock motherboards - it's possible to enable/disable all setings via AMIBCP but you'll never know what you're enabling unless you flash this Bios and look what appeared or disappeared in Bios setup