Anyone ever load XP on Gateway P55C-200? arcdisp.c error/BSD

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
d_b
BIOS Newbie

I had suspected that too, good call on that one. It's worth a look.
quadangle
New visitors - please read the rules.

I was looking around earlier for a new bios for my Jetway J993AN (found it), but this thread caught my attention.
I have a Gateway Lawman motherboard (from 1997 Gateway2000 166MMX) and tried without success to get Windows2000 running on it. The system hung at the 'Inspecting Hardware' black screen. I'm almost tempted to strip out any non-vital components and try it again with XP after reading this and another similar thread, but it's doing well with the latest Debian running at the moment.

It has 160MB RAM (SDRAM I think, 32MB originally, and 128MB from crucial.com), S3 Virge graphics card, Creative Live! soundcard, Sitecom network card. I'm still using the original monitor from this system too, so it has lasted well.

Occasionally I'll look for any new bios for this board, but I haven't seen a new one in years. It currently has version 0AAES054 installed (newest I could find a few years back, but even this is dated as 1995!). Maybe someone has modded a bios to accept W2k or XP but I've never seen it. Does anyone know of a newer bios? I've generally just hunted for 'Gateway' bios, maybe I should have tried 'Intel' as they had the Lawman board - my Gateway Lawman doesn't have onboard sound/graphics.