Binary file Portege M200

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Melsoft
New visitors - please read the rules.

I need binary file of Portege M200, or the way to decompress Bio0009t.com. Thanks
ricofr

Melsoft wrote:I need binary file of Portege M200, or the way to decompress Bio0009t.com. Thanks
Hello,

I have lost my boot password. In fact I don't remember that I put a password but because I didn't reboot my laptop since several weeks or months, I am not sure....

So, I contacted Tohisba but they ask me 100€ to remove this password (not cover by the 3 years garanty) :(

So I would like to know if it is possible to remove the boot password on my Portege M200 by reinstalling the bios ?
cp
BIOS Guru

please read this:
http://www.wimsbios.com/faq.jsp#q17

i can tell you as much as this: the bios password will still be there if you install a new bios.
ricofr

Hello,
Sry, I didn't read the FAQ... :oops:
I understand why you don't deliver about this.

Last question, do you think that my problem can be link to an automatic Window update patch ?
Indeed, the last action I did before to have this problem is that I installed Windows patches with Windows update... And Windows ask me to reboot the computer....
cp
BIOS Guru

A Windows update installing a password on your machine? Very unlikely. Not impossible but that would be the first case i've ever heard of. Maybe someone else set the password?
ricofr

Finally I sent my notebook to Toshiba last monday and I get it back this morning. Less than 1 week including shipping.Very fast service !
Thank for your help
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

You're welcome and thank you for proving our point about sending it in to a service center actually works.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...