Bios Asus P/I-P55T2P4

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
RFr
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi @ all,
i tried to update the old BIOS of the >board above and -it failed. The Asusprogrammer AFlash does not recognize the type of the Flashrom. I own a standalone programmer. I have a chip. I looked for the BIOS here- and it linked me to 404- No Bios patch available.

Where can i get this patch?

Robert
Denniss
BIOS Guru

http://wims.rainbow-software.org/index.php?count=40

Make sure the Bios-Protect jumper is set to disable protection (if this jumper is existing - read manual) .
Try Uniflash to update your Flashrom
RFr

The link leads to:

The requested URL /soupy/Asus P_I-xP55T2P4x.zip was not found on this server.

When I started the backup process, the protection jumper was disabled, obviously the update process finished correctly. After a restart it was not possible to go into BIOS to load setup defaults, there was a BIOS ROM checksum error.

After a new start of the flash the AFlash software was not able to recognize the flash chip, therefor it was not possible to flash the BIOS new.

The update BIOS I took was that from the Homepage asus.com, named 0107.zip. (I unzipped).

I think I took the wrong BIOS update file?

Help is welcome.

Robert
georgep
BIOS Rookie

RFr wrote:The link leads to:

The requested URL /soupy/Asus P_I-xP55T2P4x.zip was not found on this server.

When I started the backup process, the protection jumper was disabled, obviously the update process finished correctly. After a restart it was not possible to go into BIOS to load setup defaults, there was a BIOS ROM checksum error.

After a new start of the flash the AFlash software was not able to recognize the flash chip, therefor it was not possible to flash the BIOS new.

The update BIOS I took was that from the Homepage asus.com, named 0107.zip. (I unzipped).

I think I took the wrong BIOS update file?

Help is welcome.

Robert
Looks like the latest is 0207 from 1998/11/25 according to the ASUS site.

Also, the manual shows pflash.exe as the flash utility used for that motherboard.

It is the P/I-P55T2P4 board, right?
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

RFr

Hi@all
i flashed the 0207 Bios Version recommendet here. The Computer starts, and stopped with BIOS Checksum error. No way to go into BIOS.

No reason.

What is to do?

Additionally i would like to know if the jumper which enables or disables programming the flöash can be the reason for any error.

Robert
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Often are flashing a BIOS the settings will mismatch against your hardware and this is why a CMOS Checksum error may occur.

Usually on-screen messages tell you what keys to press and then you should be able to enter the BIOS setup, after which loading default values is a good idea.

I don't know what went wrong in your case but just have a careful study of on-screen messages and options to see if there is something you are overlooking or missing. Perhaps you have a bad flash.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Bios ROM Checksum Error is a major error caused by misflash or by not flashing a bios with Bootblock .
If there's a Bootblock protection jumper and it's set to protect but the Bios was flashed then it's possible to get this error message .

Read your manual to find this jumper (if existing) or get a copy of a manual from www.asuscom.de in case your manual was lost .

Did you flash your Bios or did you program it with your programmer ?