Bios Doesnt Recognize Mouse.

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
casanovaacid
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello, I have a bit of a problem. about a month ago i was updating my computer via the windows updater. it said it had to so i let it. it restarted and when it came on my mouse refused to be recognized. i went to device manager and it isnt even recognizing there being a mouse or pointing device. I've tried several different mouses, so it isnt that. i then rebooted my computer. cleaned it clear thinking it'd go back to normal. nope.

So from what ive read this has something to do with my BIOS. I know some about computers but not a whole lot on this kinda thing. so i thot, if my bios is messed up, maybe updating them, which ive never done, might be the answer.

if anyone has any idea how i could fix this and/or if it is impossible to fix, i would like any information towards updating and if that would even do anything.

thanks ahead of time for any possible replys.
also, im using mousekeys to navigate so i might be slow to respond.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

sounds like windows update installed a wrong driverset for your system. I think putting back a restore point from a day before the updates will work here.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
casanovaacid
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello and thanks for the reply, as it turns out i have no system restore points that will be of any assistance here.

is there any where i can download the correct driver set?