BIOS for Epox EP-BX6

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
super-hit
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,
I have a pentium 3 computer. Its motherborad says that it is of Epox EP-BX6 company (It says meditech instead of Epox. When when i checked on the internet i found that it is the sama one as Epox EP-BX6).

You can see the picture of the motherboard on the following web-site
http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/epox/EP-BX6.htm

I have also found the motherboard listed on your web-site. it is the following one:
07/25/2000-i440BX-W977TF-2A69KPAIC-00 Epox EP-BX6

My problem is that my computer had a CD-Rom in it. It was working perfectly. No problems at all.

Then I put in a DVD-ROM. The computer did not recognize it. It also stoped working. When ever I try to turn it on it gives me error. I also tried to remove the DVD and put back the CD-Rom. But it did not start. I also tried to reinstall the OS, but no luck there as well. :cry:

After some research i found out I had a BIOS problem. Apperently, by putting in the DVD-ROM, the BIOS got corrupted or somthing. :(

If there is any one who has a update of the EP-BX6 Bios (so that the mother board will recognize the dvd-rom) or any version of BIOS for the EP-BX6 then please help me.

I will be really greatfull for any help.
Thanks a lot
cp
BIOS Guru

Then I put in a DVD-ROM. The computer did not recognize it. It also stoped working. When ever I try to turn it on it gives me error.
stopped working like what? didn't boot the OS? what was the EXACT error message?
I also tried to remove the DVD and put back the CD-Rom. But it did not start. I also tried to reinstall the OS, but no luck there as well.
you were able to reinstall the OS on the same machine? so it didn't stop working completely?
After some research i found out I had a BIOS problem.
says who exactly?
Apperently, by putting in the DVD-ROM, the BIOS got corrupted or somthing.
hmmm, i don't think so if you were still able to initiate the OS installation process on this machine.
please post more details like motherboard, bios, bios string, ide configuration (drives, cables, jumper settings).
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.