Bios for P5BW-LA/P5BW-LE MotherBoard BIOS upgrade2 64bit

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
odelay
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hey guys--
I Lost the password from my previous account to this forum, but I remembered this was the best place to go when you're truly stuck after exhausted using Google to find your answer.

I currently run all OEM components (except additional HD) in a 2-year old HP m7674n which has a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6400 @ 2.13GHz. I am trying to prepare to install Windows 7 Beta RC Build 7100. The DVD Microsoft sent me to beta test comes with both x64 (64-bit) as well as a x86 (32-bit) versions. I typically always build my own PCs, however I needed a guaranteed working PC at the time and thought a 2yr warranty was worth it, yet sacrificing some components I would have used if I built it myself.

So, to cut to the chase...When I bought my PC I remember the box saying it had a 64-bit processor, yet the operating system was the 32-bit version of Windows XP, which I later upgraded to Vista. I want to run the 64-bit version, however, I need to know if they is an update out there for the BIOS that I am not aware of or if there are any other options. After doing some research, it is indeed a 64-bit processor, however according to Intel's website:
64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Consult with your system vendor for more information.
I did check HP's website for updates on my system, specifically for the BIOS. This at least revealed the name/model number for the motherboard (P5BW-LA/P5BW-LE), but did not include any information about upgrading to 64-bit and the last update was posted in October of 2007. :x

Anyways, I apologize for the length of my post and I am grateful for anyone who is willing to help. I will do my best to repay the favor!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

64-bit support mentioned here:
http://www.tctl.com.cn/driver/875/877/d ... 77915.html

points to the same file as mentioned on the download page for this board.

So although there's no official support and I can't find anybody even wanting to run a 64bit OS on this HP/Compaq model it would run ok.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...