BIOS for PCChips Board M863G V1.5C desperately seeked

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Dacso
New visitors - please read the rules.

Here's a link to make a self extracting bios disc for the m863g motherboard, it doesn't say for which version though. http://support.cybertronpc.com/cgi-bin/ ... t&file=150
rogon3
BIOS Newbie

I have m863g rev. 1.5c mobo, If you want to get it's bios, reply.
Kirak

Hello,

i have a M863G v3.0C mainboard which 'lost' it's bios. I got the board working again with a bios from the v1.5A, but i can't install any operation system, i think i need the v3.0C bios version.
Unfortunately i can't find the mainboard or the bios-files on any ECS/PC-Chips website and all links in this thread are dead.

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me the correct bios file. According to this thread (62-0100-001131-00101111-101404-SIS741-863GV30C) the file should be 041014S.rom. If you don't have the file, but have the mainboard with v3.0C with a working bios, you can save the bios with the flash-tool from PC-Chips.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

the link to the Cybertron variant points to a V1.5 bios file (found in the archives somewhere).

I have been looking for M863G socket 563 (since this boards uses a mobile Athlon, that's why it's protesting with the V1.5 bios I think). I have found a bios for the V7.1C variant but cannot ID what socket it's using.

It's possible a bios update for this board was never released since it is a very low-budget one designed to sell the overstock of low-end mobile Athlon processors ECS/PCChips still had, hasn't been long in production either.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Kirak

The v7.1C version which can be found on the PC-Chips website uses the 964L southbridge, just like the v5.1a socket version. The v3.0C has got the 963L southbridge, like the v1.5a version. So i don't think the bios of the v7.1C will work.

On the website it is stated, that the v7.1C uses a Geode NX CPU, they typically use socket 462 (A) or they are soldered directly to the mainboard without socket.

The CPU on my M863G v3.0C is correctly recognized as XP-M 2400+, but the Windows setup always hangs at the start (Vista/7 with STOP 0x00000005 bluescreen, XP with blackscreen). I can boot a live Linux from the dvd-drive, but if i install Linux on the harddrive i get a Read DMA and invalid CHS sector 0 error on first boot. I already swapped the dvds, memory, harddrive, PATA-cables and psu, i also tried a PCI PATA controller (HighPoint Rocket133), i always get the same errors.
Memtest86+, Windows Memory Diagnostic and the samsung hdd tool ESTool are running for hours without error.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

What Linux distro/version/patchlevel? Some of them don't play nice with the SiS963. From what I have been reading elsewhere the 30C bios is basically a 15A bios with a different ID string only. You can boot from a floppy/hotflash the bios on this board, right? Maybe it's an idea to try the very latest 1.5A bios then.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Kirak

It was Linux Mint 12 rc and Fedora 14. Mint only booted the DVD when i chose compatibility mode.

I already have the latest 1.5A Bios.
Kirak

Hello,

i recently got an identical mainboard from ebay and i was successful in hotflashing the broken mainboard back to life.

So for everyone who has the same problem, i uploaded the bios file for the PC-Chips M863G v3.0C Socket 563 Mainboard:
http://uploadingit.com/file/6fuuner7zvm ... 3Gv30c.zip
http://oron.com/kbzn5mtol8gu
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wt4ufqizn ... 3Gv30c.zip
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Made a backup copy. MUCH appreciated, thank you !
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything